Friday, November 04, 2011

We Are NOT Anonymous

The Occupy Movement is important, but it cannot be anonymous.
It takes courage to stand in public, as an identifiable member of society, with a real face and a real story of life in America.  It is our undeniable realness that is the most powerful statement we can make.

My name is Jay Larsen. I am a father, a son, a husband, a brother, a citizen of America and the World.  I am one of the 99% and I stand for justice, peace and love.  I just finished paying off my student loans.  My mortgage is under water.  And I worry about the future of my children and future generations.  I am here to negotiate a new social contract that works for all of us and not just for the top 1% of earners.  I cannot be anonymous.  I am here to occupy my life.
Join me.

Take off the masks!!!  We are not criminals and terrorists.  We are citizens with real faces, dignity and pride.
The 99% Cannot Be Anonymous.
---
An Original Jay Bird Comic by Jay Larsen

No comments: