Friday, September 12, 2008

Mental Alchemist


My base states cannot be deconstructed
I have collected ample evidence
But not the evidence modernity requires
And don’t get me started on post modernity
Or post rationalism
They are dead concepts
Sinking like lead to the bottom
Of my frustration and ire
An acidic brew of contempt and despair
That eats away the painted facades
Leaving me with no memory of yesterday
Nor do my dreams of tomorrow escape
Just Now survives the heat
And cries a nearly silent “Ahhh”
Which is an echo of a note
From a song which was begun
Within that first moment
Which scattered the stars into space
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
What gold I have transmuted
From the common stuff of now
Creativity seems to be the catalyst
That science can not locate
In the debris of collided particles
Just Now rests in the calm center
Of all the ripples and the waves
Created by every stone ever cast
Into the pond of eternity
Can you and I find the key
To the mental alchemy
Needed to rest there
Just Now?

------------------------------------

Credits: Words and Collage by Jay Larsen

No comments: