Sunday, December 20, 2009

Saw Avatar on the BIG Screen

Evelyn took us all to see Avatar on the big IMAX 3-D screen at the Pacific Science Center.
The visuals are stunning. The action is non stop. The plot is a little cliched, but don't let that stop you. After all, the plot to Star Wars is cliched, that hasn't stopped us from loving it all these years.
With the 3-D going and all the aerial shots, I was actually getting kind of air sick. But wow! The visuals are fantastic. I wished I could stop the film and look around some more. I especially liked the forest at night, it was like being at the bottom of the ocean.
I am kind of looking forward to see this film again without the giant IMAX and the 3-D because it was a little overwhelming and disorienting. I'd like a chance to see some of details of the design a little better because every shot was packed with intriguing details.

Thanks Evelyn--We had a great time.

No comments: