Thursday, May 21, 2009

So Strange


Summer comes and pushes out the rain
Yet some damp rot remains in my bones
My mind, my joints are filled with ordinary pains
And today they seem so strange
Today they seem so strange

While black birds pick through ripening grain
We talk affairs of state and business for hours
My heart, my lungs filled with ordinary pains
Insignificant yet they seem so strange
Small and yet they seem so strange

The sun hides behind the river trees
We sit, resting in gathering twilight
Looking at you, I see universal oneness
Even as your personality drives me to fight
Our relationship seem filled with ordinary pains
Like everyone’s yet they seem so strange
Mundane and yet they seem so strange

The stars come out of hiding once again
This poem, this complaint, this life
Has no beginning and no end
Facing a sea of such howling infinity
Perhaps all I can ask for is to be your friend
Is that so strange?
Tell me that is not so strange

------------------------------------------

Credits: Collage and Poetry by Jay Larsen

No comments: