Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Invisible Holdings

I have a vocabulary
So do you, I assume
But where do we keep it?
How many terms do we hold?

Let me pluck a word or two
From the invisible potential:
Dandelions
Curse
Brushes
Fondle
Bankers
And Purse

See!
I spent no energy to store them
Some small effort to unfold them
To pluck the words out of nothing
Into space and into time
Ah, the wink blinkiness
The kink slinkiness
Of this vocabulary of mine

How’s yours doing these days?
Much the same you say?

If words are pulled out of a hat
And no one hears them
Or reads them
Does that tree in the forest
Or that bear in the woods
Make a noise then
As it shits then
Like only words could?

Out of nothing
Such wondrous
And wild coalescing

I think this invisible holding
Where vocabularies live
Must be the place we keep
Art, music and laughter
And all of the love that we give
Give and give
Haven’t you wondered why
We never run out?
That unseeable space
Is where all the coming and going
Does its going and coming
That invisible holding
Where the words come from
Must also be the space
Beyond time and space
Where waiting to be unfolded
We keep, for lack of a better word, god

There, I said it!
But keep it under your hat
At least until I find a word
That blossoms more fully
To describe such an indescribable thing

-----------------------------
Echoes:
Words and Collage unfolded from that place
By Jay “The Undescriber” Larsen
Who never puts a bag of holding in another bag of holding

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read the whole thing now, I liked it this morning and I still like it now that I finished it.