Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Geeking Out on Avengers...

OK, just saw the new promo for Avengers, the movie due out in May.
WOW!  This is going to be great!



This is why Avengers are going to win the Avengers vs X-Men thing.
Sorry Siona, X-Men are cool, but they are going to get schooled by the Avengers.

I know, I know, all you continuity geeks are saying: Hey, Movie Avengers are really an off-shoot of the Ultimates, which isn't really the same Marvel Universe as regular Avengers.  And it's Regular Avengers that are fighting Regular X-Men all year in the mega crossover event to end all crossover events.
Like I said, I know.  But did you know that Movie Avengers aren't really in the same continuity as the Ulitmate Universe?  Well, that's a lot of continuity to keep straight.  And it doesn't really matter if the story is good. But I am still excited to see this movie.

I have modest hopes that John Carter (of fraking Mars) is going to be better than its marketing so far would lead us to believe.
But I've got good feelings about Joss Whedon's Avengers.  It's already won the marketing war with fellow Disney movie, John Carter (of bleeding Mars).
And it will probably be better than Avengers vs X-Men, which will most likely fail to be the crossover event to make us forget about all other crossover events.

Avengers Assemble!

No comments: