Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscar Night Review


Sunday was Oscar night. The red carpet was rolled out. All the pretty starlings were wearing their designer dresses. All the networks were there, cameras flashing, video rolling. So I think I should give you the Thunder Echo Review of Oscar Night 2007.

I didn’t watch the Oscars.
I watched Anna & the King, which I believe won an Oscar once upon a time, with my family. It was a great movie. And my youngest got some idea of why her teachers told her she reminds them of Jody Foster. She is a strong-willed girl with a lot of brains and a huge heart. Chani gets my nomination for best 6th Grader in a starring role.

I heard on the news this morning that Little Miss Sunshine got an award. I saw that movie and thought it was hilarious. I thought it was a great view into dysfunctional American families. So I’m cool with that one.

I heard that An Inconvenient Truth won Best Documentary. I own a copy on DVD and I have read the book. It was a well produced documentary about a topic that should be a no-brainer for anyone who has been paying attention for the last 30 years. But I keep forgetting that people don’t pay attention. I’ll have to pay more attention to that.

Other than that, I’m not too interested in the Oscars.

No comments: