Monday, October 15, 2007

Report from Storage Room B

I literally have had maybe 12 minutes of free time today. Split into 3 different 4 minute runs for the bathroom, grab a bottle of water and some Cliff Bars, the Crunchy Peanut Butter ones, to keep me going.

4 hours on the phone with the multi-million dollar client from Florida reviewing functional specifications. And we have 4 more hours scheduled on the phone for tomorrow. And they want to know if I can have their work estimates done by Wednesday (the day after tomorrow) even though we have not agreed on the scope of work yet. Short Answer: NO.

2 hours spent talking to potential clients. Kissy, Kissy, Kissy.

1 hour spent reassuring my VP that the Florida account is going well.

1 hour spent interviewing for an Assistant because I am overworked. This has a special ironic aspect: I'm super busy, so I need someone to help me, which means I have to add more tasks to my day to interview people, thereby making me more busy.

I know some people thrive in a super busy work environment, but I need a little space to breathe and ponder things. I'm always afraid I have forgotten something important when the day whizzes past so swiftly.

But at least I got the lawn and pasture mowed yesterday. I think yesterday may have been the last sunny day we get around here for a while. Fall has fallen with a wet soggy thump. But the leaves are beautiful red and yellow and no storms have blown them all away yet. I am hoping that the nights will freeze so that the grass will stop growing and I won't have to worry about it again until Easter.

Oh well, my phone is ringing. Farewell Blog Space, Hello Office Space.

No comments: