Thursday, January 31, 2008

Let’s Put Our Heads Together


Tired of always being alone?
Fighting against the weight of the crowd?
Why don’t we just put our heads together?
Why can’t we sit quietly and compare,
The heart shaped hole deep within,
Beating, throbbing deep within me
And you?

Instead of shaking our fists
Instead of screaming
Instead of kicking each other
Reducing each other to meat
In an attempt to prove our might.
While in the damp darkness
Beyond the reach of any light
We become an alien watching our own lives
Forever a stranger to our own homes
Never quite fitting within our own skulls
It sometimes overwhelms me
And you?

I think so
Even if you don’t want to admit
I see the awkward inward stare
The reflexive twitch of your lips
Why don’t we put our separateness aside?
Why don’t we just put our heads together?
Why can’t we sit quietly and compare,
The heart shaped whole deep within,
Living and breathing deep within me
And you.
Let's put it all on the line
I am that I am and that that I am is You.
And you?

No comments: