Monday, January 14, 2008

The More I Learn, The More I Like


Kudos to Jimmy Carter.

Every time I read something from Jimmy Carter I respect him more.

He is a great example of political figure with his integrity intact.



"When I became a state senator, then later governor and ultimately president, I realized that all public officials have a great responsibility and duty to analyze the needs of the people that they have been elected to serve."


"I would say that the biggest surprise for me has been to see the quality of these people's lives. Because they are poor and suffering and uneducated, we often tend to underestimate them. I found that these same people are just as intelligent, ambitious and hard working, and their family values are just as good as mine. If they're just given a chance to improve themselves, they are very enthusiastic and capable of doing it."


"In every case when I thought I was doing somebody else a favor by building a house or something like that, I found that I got a lot more out of it than I put into it."

No comments: