Sunday, March 02, 2008

Whirly Seeds


Telephone rings
Everything changes
As a distant relative relates the news
We all have history
And sometimes it repeats
Even when we can’t find the rhyme
And you say you have to fly
Carried by the winds of time

Telephone rings
I can hear the wind blowing
Beyond the pleading of your voice
I wish I could reach through the device
To hold your beating heart
And feel your breath on my neck
I try but do not reach you well
And again you have to fly
So I send a faint farewell

Telephone rings
Summoned to the front line
Gray airmen tell their tales
Perhaps for the very last time
Old stories of old wars sometimes catch
In the greyer folds of our minds
I hope you soon will fly
To the best place we can find

Here where warm embraces
Combat the chill of wind and time
And create a timeless space
Where winged seeds begin to grow
In our favorite place to be
Home
Together
Waiting for the telephone to ring

No comments: