Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Pardon Me…


I’m sorry to interrupt, but could you be that person from TV?
My bedroom is a shrine to your second season set.
Your show was really great way back then
Before those money flubbing bastards made you team up
With that horsemeat reflex from that life guard show.

Excuse me, but can you sign my copy of your unauthorized anthropology?
I was like totally influenced by your preemptive use
Of the desperate plea for more emotional openness
As a way to pass the time in airports and bank lines.
That and I really liked your use of black as a sexual strategy.

You must hear this all the time, I’m sure.
But I have every copy of every receipt you ever signed
At that bistro on the south end of the peninsula
The one with the spoons shaped like little hearts.
You were the most likable, deferential person eating there.

Pardon me, but aren’t you embarrassed to go out in public like that?
Do you find it easy to carry the extra weight
Of four underused quadrants
And that quantum collection of ephemera?
I only ask because I would love to blog about your condition.

How naked are we going to get anyway?
-------------------------------------
Credits:
Words by Jay Larsen
Collage by Jay Larsen

2 comments:

Ronnie Larsen said...

what the fuck was that about???? lol

Jay Larsen said...

Exactly!!!
I'm glad you see through it so effortlessly.