Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Perilous Parallels


Found this old CAKE video of “Love You Madly” on YouTube.

You have to click on the link to see it. LINK -- Click It or the jokes make no sense
I love the song, in fact I love it madly.
The video strikes me as silly, a short rip off of Iron Chef.
But the panel of judges reminds me of our Presidential Candidates.
I’ll let you figure out who is who. (Although it is spooky that only the female judge is still alive.)
So as we wait for the final Democratic Primaries to wind down.
And as we wait for the super-freaks, I mean super delegates to cast their votes.
And as we wait to see which way the candidates align and powder their Whigs.
I find myself nervously wanting to avoid the creepy old man on the right.

Congrats to the Democrats for making history.
Hilary has nothing to be ashamed of, she nearly won this thing.
But Barak ran a tighter campaign and focused on basic on the ground politics.
He attracted new voters and has a good chance of beating McCain this fall.
My real fear is that despite the hype of the contest, all the cooks are basically serving us the same ingredients.
Cake please!

No comments: