Sunday, July 19, 2009

"And That's The Way It Is..."

Walter Cronkite died the other day.
A lot of famous people have died recently, but this one really made me stop and pause.
I grew up watching Cronkite on the CBS Evening News.
He was a big part of my growing interest in news and current events. I might not be a news junky if it weren't for Walter Cronkite, his voice, his manner, his intellect and interest in people and events. All those space missions were always accompanied by Walter explaining the scope of the endeavor and the bravery and technical skill of the people involved.
I have been missing Walter on the news for a long time, but I liked knowing he was still out there. And I would catch him from time to time on PBS or Discovery.

But now he is gone. But I still feel the echoes of his voice in the silence his passing leaves behind.


Goodbye Walter.

No comments: