Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Market Forces and Corporate Power

Hey, there's something trickling down....
Maybe the free market is working...
Oh, that's just my own blood.
-------
I haven't been posting about politics lately.
It's not that I don't care--I do.
I've been trying to create things instead of just complaining.
But as our government seems almost certain to shut it's self down this week,
I thought I would just throw this out there:
It is the job of our congress to govern.  To make laws and write checks.
They seem more interested in their parties than they are in their jobs.
And while the congress is arguing about which social programs to cut and how much.
No one is putting the largest budget items on the table: War.
Why don't we reduce the Pentagon budget by 10%, raise taxes on billionaires by 3% and watch the budget problems go away?
Because congress works for big companies and billionaires.  Simple.
I'm amazed the press has such trouble with the analysis.  Oh, yeah---that's because the press is owned by billionaires and the big companies, who don't want Americans to look at the basic numbers.

Oh, and Mister President.  Last time I checked, you can't declare war.
The congress is supposed to do that as well.
I don't care which party you are with, you should at least follow the basic rules.
But you didn't.
Why?
Because you work for big companies and billionaires.
It's simple.

And that's why I haven't been posting about politics lately.
It's simple.

Now if somebody had some idea of how to reclaim our government from the billionaires and big corporations, I'd be interested in that.

No comments: