Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Old Elvis or Young Elvis?

Well, Super Tuesday gave us a tie. So I guess we go into overtime. First Democrat to fumble loses. In his cartoon above, Mr. Fish says it is a choice "between the lesser of two Elvises." I don't know about you, but I always liked young Elvis better.

I watched all 5 of the candidate speaches last night and Obama has a presence and energy that is very different from the other politicians. "We are the ones we have been waiting for." Any fan of Ghandi has to love that line. Will Obama deliver on his promises of change if he is elected? That is the 12 Trillion Dollar Question (this years Federal Budget X 4 years). But he was the only candidate I heard who said he was sure not everything would go as planned and that we would make mistakes, but that we would not give up.

I was also encouraged by the record numbers of young people participating this year and by the higher number of Democratic voters, as compared to Republican voters, in most states.

On to the next events: Democratic Caucuses in Washington State on Saturday.

No comments: