Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spinning and Grinning


Spinning colorful patterns
Building up a tempo
Hot with swinging hips
And glimpsed nipple
But always spinning
The drummer grins
Across the dance floor
Offering only another song

Spinning narratives intriguing
And philosophy astounding
Cold with logical argument
And empty of solid truth
But ready to test my mettle
The teacher grins
Across the schoolyard
Offering only another lesson

Spinning to avoid fear
Spiraling into my own head
Still the questions fuel
My continued motion
After lifting veil after veil
Mortality still grins
Across the void
Offering no new terms

Dance with me
Talk with me
Spin with me
Grin with me
Share a spark of Crazy Wisdom
Across the infinite gap between us
Offering only this…
--------------------------

Credits: How many people read credits?
Or the witty comments that follow?
At least one person does!
Poem and Collage by Jay Larsen

No comments: