Monday, August 18, 2008

Chipping Away


Keeping my eye on the ball
Cuing up my shot
Or am I teeing off?
Shut up and swing
Kung-fu sound effects
Only in my head
But I keep chipping away
At this monkey puzzle box
Dented and scratched
Dusty in an unused corner
I try not to think about what
That curiosity was originally for
Splitting infinitives
Spilling milk and crying foul
If only in my head
But I keep chipping away
As life chips away at me
Take away everything that I am not
And what do you have?
Cue me up like a billiard ball
Used in too many bar fights
Tee me up
Piss me off
Shut up and take your best swing
I may be a block head
But I keep chipping away
At this monkey puzzle box
----------------------------
Credits: Words and Collage by Jay Larsen
"Every day the bucket go to the well, but one day the bottom will fall out." by Bob Marley

No comments: