Friday, February 20, 2009

This Analog Life


The walls are thin
There is not much silence
In the movie we are in
I’ll put up with the hiss
If you don’t leave out the pop
This analog life lends itself
To some distortion
And signal loss
The wettest and wildest
Parts of my experience
Cannot be neatly contained
In the clean room austerity
Of a digital rendering
The feedback of my heart
Cannot be reproduced by any MP3
So are you ready to roll, baby?
This might get dirty
But let’s rock
Tap the faders
Stomp that distortion box
My tubes are just starting to warm up
Roll the tape across my head
This analog life has just begun
So let’s lay down tracks so heavy
That only their echoes
Can be lifted--although freely gifted--
By the white headphones
Of your iPod

Ahh…this analog life…
-------------------------

Credits: poetry and collage by Jay Larsen

No comments: