Monday, November 16, 2009

What it means to be a Cosmonaut

Greetings children of Ironica.

This is Major Thunder reporting from the surface of an alien world some where near [REDACTED BY PSA] over [REDACTED BY PSA] from home.
I have been asked to send a message describing what it means to me to be a cosmonaut and to explore alien worlds on behalf of all the people of Ironica, praise be to our Great Leaders.
I can tell you that being a cosmonaut means spending lots of time alone and very far from home, while always being in constant communications with Space Central Control. Although the [REDACTED BY PSA] delay makes ordinary conversations impossible, I communicate with my support team primarily through sub ether data bursts and [REDACTED BY PSA] and the occasional [REDACTED BY PSA] on special holidays and such. And let me tell you, messages from home are always appreciated.
Even though the crew and I spend a lot of time alone, we know that [REDACTED BY PSA] of dollars and years of work have gone into developing the systems that keep us safe even on an alien planet. Every time I check a pressure gauge or repair a faulty [REDACTED BY PSA] on my suit I am reminded of all the people whose lives and work have gone into supporting me in this enterprise. I am honored to be the representative of Ironica, praise be to our Great Leaders, and its great people.
I know the Planetary Security Agency will not let me talk about specific [REDACTED BY PSA] or scientific information or theories that might allow our enemies to [REDACTED BY PSA]. But we cosmonauts have been supplied with the best equipment our scientists and engineers could provide.
Every day we hope to discover new and useful materials and information to help to better understand the Universe, science, aliens and even [REDACTED BY PSA].

I look forward to sharing our adventures with you all as our [REDACTED BY PSA] mission continues.

With Hope and Praises to our Great Leaders,
Major Thunder
Commander of the [REDACTED BY PSA]

THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN CLEARED FOR GENERAL RELEASE BY THE PLANTARY SECURITY AGENCY 20091116 BY AGENT [REDACTED BY PSA]

No comments: