Monday, September 19, 2011

Rocket Raccoon knows Thunder when he hears it

That's not Thunder, Little Buddy, that's Thunder Echo!

Read my new Annihilators HC over the weekend.
I miss the Guardians of the Galaxy, personally.
But it is good to see Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning writing dialog for some of the most cosmic characters in the Marvel Universe.
But I really looking forward to the Rocket Raccoon and Groot reunion.
And it was definitely the most fun part of the book.
Rocket has gone mainstream and is working in the mail room of some huge corporation.
His best friend in the place is a shipping computer that looks a lot like the barcode scanners I work with every day.
He has some typical, BIG GUN MOMENTS!
But the best fun is when he is navigating the cubicles of Timely Corp and the unlikely rebels of the Forest Underground (talking mushrooms everybody).

I liked it, but I hope DnA find something more interesting for Rocket and Groot to do in the near future.

I give it a B

---
Annihilators HC: Written by DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING Penciled by TAN ENG HUAT & TIMOTHY GREEN II Covers by ALEX GARNER & SKOTTIE YOUNG

No comments: